1. Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28days?
2. If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
3. I went to bed at eight 8 'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarmto sound at nine 9 'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get beforebeing awoken by the alarm?
4. Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?
5. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left?
6. If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?
7. A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear?
8. Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have?
9. How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?
10. If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburgh to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, What's the name of the driver?
1. Two people were walking in opposite directions. Both of them walked 6 miles forward then took right and walked 8 miles. How far is each from starting positions?
a) 14 miles and 14 miles
b) 10 miles 10 miles
c) 6 miles 6 miles
2. A person has certain number of cows and birds. They have 172 eyes and 344 legs. How many cows and birds does he have?
3. A person has 14 red socks and 14 white socks in a drawer. What is the minimum number of socks that he should take to get a correct pair?
4. When a number is multiplied by 13, it becomes greater to 105 by an amount with which it is lesser to 105 by now. What is the number
5. When asked in an exam how much time is left, the teacher answered that the amount of time left is 1/5 of the time already completed. How much time is left?
6. Two people on cycle are traveling at 10 miles/hour in opposite direction. When they are at a distance of 50 miles, a housefly lands on the first cyclist and then flies to the other at a speed of 16 miles/hour. What is the distance covered by fly?
7. My successor’s father is my father’s son. and i don’t have any brothers or sons. Who is my successor?
8. A fast train leaves London for Brighton and at the same time a slow train leaves Brighton for London. The fast train leaves at 80 mph and the slow train travels at 35 mph. When they meet, which is farther from London?
9. A girl, a boy, and a dog start walking down a road. They start at the same time, from the same point, in the same direction. The boy walks at 5 km/h, the girl at 6 km/h. The dog runs from boy to girl and back again with a constant speed of 10 km/h. The dog does not slow down on the turn. How far does the dog travel in 1 hour?
10. A pool has four taps. The first tap takes two days to fill the pool, the second tap three days, the third four days and the last one only 6 hours. How long will it take to fill the pool using all 4 taps at once?
11. This was a burglary in the Silver City jewelry store last Sunday. Three suspects: Robert, Scott, and Tommy were caught and questioned. Each person said, "One of the other two stole it. I did not do it." Later on the police found out that Tommy was lying and there was only one thief. Who was the thief?
12. James visited an island. There were 2 tribes living on this island. The east tribal people always tell a lie. The west tribal people always tell the truth. James saw a guy passing him. He asked the tour guide to ask that guy where he lives. The tour guide asked the guy and came back with the answer: he lives over west. Did the tour guide tell the truth or tell a lie?
13. I have a horse. Do you know what color it is? Allan said, "I guess it is not black". Brian said, "It is either brown, or gray". Charlie said "I know it is brown". I said, "At least one of you is right and at least one of you is wrong." What is the color of my horse if the color is one of the above?
14. A lady and a gentleman are sister and brother. We do not know who is older. Someone asked them: Who is older? The sister said: I am older. The brother said: I am younger. At least one of them was lying. Who is older?
15. A six digit number 312132 has two 1’s, two 2’s and two 3’s. This number has a very interesting attribute: 1 digit exists between two 1s, 2 digits exist between two 2’s and 3 digits exist between two 3s. Can we add two more 4s to become an eight digit number and still holding the above attributes plus 4 digits exist between two 4s?
16. Suppose 8 monkeys take 8 minutes to eat 8 bananas. (a) How many minutes would it take 3 monkeys to eat 3 bananas? (b) How many monkeys would it take to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes?
17. A group of friends went to a hotel for Dinner. After having their dinner the Bill Amount was of Rs 2400. So they decided to distribute it into equal amount for each. In the group two friends forget to bring their purses along with them. So later on it has been decided that Rs 100 has to be paid more by the other friends on calculated amount. So total how many friends were there in the Group?
1.Which one of the five is least like the other four?
Dog Mouse Lion Snake Elephant
2.Which number should come next in the series? 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13
8 13 21 26 31
3.Which one of the five choices makes the best comparison?
PEACH is to HCAEP as 46251 is to
25641 26451 12654 51462 15264
4.Mary, who is sixteen years old, is four times as old as her brother. How old will Mary be when she is twice as old as her brother?
20 24 25 26 28
5.Which one of the numbers does not belong in the following series?
2 - 3 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 14 - 15 - 30
6.Which one of the numbers does not belong in the following series?
2 - 3 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 14 - 15 - 30
THREE SEVEN EIGHT FIFTEEN THIRTY
7.Which one of the five choices makes the best comparison?
Finger is to Hand as Leaf is to:
Twig Tree Branch Blossom Bark
8.If you rearrange the letters "CIFAIPC" you would have the name of a(n):
City Animal Ocean River Country
9.Choose the number that is 1/4 of 1/2 of 1/5 of 200:
2 5 10 25 50
10.John needs 13 bottles of water from the store. John can only carry 3 at a time. What's the minimum number of trips John needs to make to the store?
3 4 4 1/2 5 6
10.If all Bloops are Razzies and all Razzies are Lazzies, then all Bloops are definitely Lazzies?
11.Choose the word most similar to "Trustworthy":
Resolute Tenacity Relevant Insolent Reliable
12.If you rearrange the letters "LNGEDNA" you have the name of a(n):
Animal Country State City Ocean
13. Which one of the numbers does not belong in the following series?
1 - 2 - 5 - 10 - 13 - 26 - 29 - 48
1 5 26 29 48
14.Ralph likes 25 but not 24; he likes 400 but not 300; he likes 144 but not 145. Which does he like:
10 50 124 200 1600
15.What is the missing number in the sequence shown below?
1 - 8 - 27 - ? - 125 - 216
36 45 46 64 99
16.Which one of the following things is the least like the others?
Poem Novel Painting Statue Flower
Expand the following
24 H in a D- (For Eg) 24 Hours In a Day
26 L of the A
7 D of the W
7 W of the W
12 S of the Z
66 B of the B
52 C in a P (W J)
13 S in the U S F
18 H on a G C
39 B of the O T
5 T on a F
90 D in a R A
3 B M (S H T R)
32 is the T in D F at which W F
15 P in a R T
3 W on a T
100 C in a D
11 P in a F (S) T
12 M in a Y
13 is U F S
8 T on an O
29 D in F in a L Y
27 B in the N T
365 D in a Y
13 L in a B D
52 W in a Y
9 L of a C
60 M in an H
23 P of C in the H B
64 S on a C B
9 P in S A
6 B to an O in C
1000 Y in a M
15 M on a D M C